Breast Reduction Surgery Turkey
In Turkey, breast reduction surgery is a procedure that we love to perform as plastic surgeons. This is because the results of this surgery are very pleasing. Not only is it an aesthetic procedure, but it also has therapeutic properties, so after the procedure, many of the patient’s problems are solved, which makes both the patient and us very happy.
Breast reduction surgery cost in Turkey
Breast reduction surgery cost in Turkey is quite affordable compared to other countries. The cost of the surgery typically ranges from around $4,000 to $6,000, depending on the complexity of the procedure. Factors such as the patient’s age, height, weight, and the amount of tissue to be removed are all taken into consideration when determining the cost of the surgery. Additionally, some hospitals in Turkey offer discounts and payment plans to make the surgery more accessible. Breast reduction surgery in Turkey is a safe and cost-effective way to reduce the size of the breasts for improved comfort and aesthetics.
What size breasts qualify for reduction?
Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is typically considered for women who experience physical and emotional discomfort due to excessively large breasts (macromastia). The decision to undergo breast reduction is based more on physical symptoms and individual needs rather than on a specific breast size. Here are some factors that are often considered:
- Physical Discomfort: Women with large, heavy breasts may experience back, neck, and shoulder pain. The weight of the breasts can cause discomfort and physical strain, making breast reduction a viable option.
- Skin Issues: Chronic skin irritation, rashes, or infections under the breasts are common in women with larger breasts and can be a reason for reduction.
- Difficulty with Physical Activity: Large breasts can interfere with physical activity, making exercise or even daily tasks uncomfortable or challenging.
- Shoulder Indentations: Bra straps may leave deep indentations in the shoulders due to the weight of the breasts, indicating that a reduction might be beneficial.
- Psychological Distress: Emotional distress, self-consciousness, and negative impact on self-esteem due to large breast size can also be considerations.
- Proportionality: A desire for breasts that are more proportionate to the rest of the body can be a reason for reduction, particularly if the size of the breasts is significantly out of balance with the individual’s frame.
- Age and Health: Candidates for breast reduction should be in good general health, have stable weight, and have fully developed breasts. Age can be a factor, but more important is the maturity of the breast tissue.
It’s important to note that breast reduction is a personal decision and should be made based on individual needs and after a thorough consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon. The surgeon will evaluate the patient’s overall health, breast size, shape, and the desired outcome before recommending surgery. Health insurance may cover breast reduction surgery if it is deemed medically necessary to relieve physical symptoms.
Breast reduction scars
Breast reduction scars are a common concern for many women considering a breast reduction procedure. Depending on the technique used, the scars may be located around the areola, in a vertical line from the areola to the breast crease, or in an inverted T-shape. In most cases, the incisions are designed to be as inconspicuous as possible, often blending in with the natural contours of the breast. While the scars can be noticeable, they usually fade over time and can be easily covered with clothing. In addition, the potential physical and psychological benefits of the breast reduction procedure often outweigh the appearance of the scars, making it an attractive option for many women.
Healed breast reduction surgery
Breast reduction surgery is a common procedure to reduce the size and weight of the breast. It is done to alleviate the physical and emotional discomfort of having large breasts. After the surgery, the patient will experience reduced pain and improved posture, which can lead to increased confidence and improved quality of life. The recovery process is typically short and the patient can expect to return to normal activities within a few weeks. Most patients report being very pleased with the results of the surgery and feeling much more confident in their appearance.
Why women want to have breast reduction surgery
Women might want to consider breast reduction surgery for a variety of reasons. For some, the size of their breasts can be uncomfortable and cause physical pain, such as chronic neck, back, and shoulder pain. For others, the size of their breasts can be a source of emotional distress and can lead to self-consciousness and insecurity. Additionally, excessively large breasts can lead to physical impediments, such as problems with exercise and difficulty finding clothes that fit. Lastly, some women may simply prefer a smaller size and want to improve their appearance. All of these reasons can lead many women to consider breast reduction surgery.
- Pain in the neck, shoulders, chest, and upper or lower back
- Bra strap recesses
- Rashes and fungus under the breasts
- Finger or hand numbness
- Difficulty exercising
- Limited choice of clothes and inability to find clothes
- Poor posture due to excess weight in front
- Breathing problems due to heaviness in the chest wall
How is breast reduction surgery done?
Breast reduction surgery is performed under general anesthesia. On average, it takes between 1.5 to 2 hours in my hands. The inverted T technique is the most common method I use. As Dr. Ali Mezdeği, I want to finish this job with the least amount of scarring for women who have sensitivity on their skin. Breast reduction is done to reduce the size of the breast. Often, silicone can be inserted to give the breast a perkier and more sexy shape.
Once the surgery is complete, the patient will be monitored closely to ensure that they are recovering properly. After the surgery, the patient will be required to wear a supportive bra for several weeks to help protect the breasts. I also recommend that the patient take it easy for at least a week and avoid strenuous activities. In addition, I advise patients to stay out of the sun for several weeks and to wear sunscreen when going outside. During follow-up appointments, I will inspect the incision sites to make sure they are healing properly.
Most patients report feeling relief after surgery due to a decrease in breast size. We can experience many relieving results such as easier breathing due to breast reduction.
Shoulder and neck pain caused by the weight of the breasts can be reduced or even eliminated. Clothes may fit better due to the reduction in breast size. Additionally, there may be an improved self-image and confidence as a result of the surgery.
After the operation, it is essential that you follow instructions for a successful recovery. In addition, we will provide certain medications that should be taken at the specified time for your comfort. Apart from these, it is important to follow a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition, exercise, and rest. Additionally, be sure to keep any follow-up appointments with your doctor.
- Don’t think about going back to work for 3-4 days
- Forget doing sports and cardio for at least a month
- Be patient for a year for the trace to disappear completely.
- Do not lift heavy for a long time, even if you start work
Benefits of breast reduction surgery
Breast reduction is more than just reducing the size of the breasts. This surgery is designed to create a natural, youthful, and beautiful upper body profile by creating balance and proportion throughout the body. Some of the benefits of this procedure include improved posture, decreased neck and back pain, and improved self-esteem. Additionally, it can also improve the ability to exercise and provide a more proportionate body shape.
Furthermore, those with large breasts may suffer from excessive sweating, skin irritation, recurrent infections, and difficulty finding clothing. Breast reduction surgery can help alleviate these problems, making it easier to wear clothing that fits well and reduce sweating and skin irritation. Additionally, some women may be at risk of developing breast asymmetry or ptosis, both of which can be remedied with this procedure. Ultimately, breast reduction can provide a more youthful, attractive, and balanced profile that can make you look and feel great.
- A breast size that is more proportional to the rest of the body
- symmetry between the breasts
- Nipples and areolas of a natural size and location in the rest of the breast
- Better fit and more variety of outfits
- increased self-confidence
- Ability to participate in difficult exercise programs
As Dr. Ali Mezdeği, we perform breast reduction surgeries more often for the purpose of treatment. This is because, in addition to improving the aesthetic appearance of the patient, it also resolves their issues. Just like when I perform rhinoplasty surgery, I also regulate breathing in each patient.
Breast reduction surgeries can also help the patient feel more comfortable by alleviating the physical and emotional burden of overly large breasts. In addition to improving the shape and balance of the breasts, this surgery can also help to reduce back, shoulder, and neck pain. This is due to the fact that large breasts can cause posture problems, leading to pain and discomfort. Finally, breast reduction surgery can also help improve the patient’s self-esteem by helping to restore their confidence in their physical appearance.
In addition to a breast reduction surgery, the areola, which is the brown-colored area surrounding the nipple, can also be reduced during the same procedure. This is planned according to the patient’s needs. Another additional application is breast lifting, which can be done with silicone implants if the sagging or asymmetry is severe. These additional applications are included as part of the surgery package, depending on the patient’s needs.
Pre-operative preparation for decision makers
Surgery is not only dependent on the skill of the surgeon. There are certain tasks that must be done before and after the surgery by the patient in order for the surgery to have the best results. Adhering to these tasks directly affects the outcome of the surgery. These tasks include following the pre- and post-operative instructions given by the doctor, avoiding any strenuous activity, proper nutrition, taking medications as prescribed, and proper wound care.
- Stop smoking at least one week before surgery to avoid possible complications
- Discontinue bleeding-accelerating drugs and herbal supplements a week in advance
- Have a companion when you come to the surgery. Never drive after surgery
- Make sure to inform Dr Ali Mezdeği if you have any medications you use.
- If you have epidemic diseases, we must have information (Ex: Covid-19, hepatic)
Does insurance cover breast reduction surgery?
The answer to this often asked question is no. This is because aesthetic surgeries are not covered by the Turkish Republic State. We would also recommend consulting with your insurance company regarding your policy. This is because sometimes the surgery to reduce very large breasts may be covered by the insurance policy. Here you may have a chance to receive some, if not all, of the cost of the surgery from your insurance company.