Jaw Surgery Turkey
The chin tip can be either smaller or larger than normal. Both deformities can cause significant aesthetic distress. The important point to consider when evaluating the chin tip is to determine if the relationship between the lower and upper jaw is normal. Both the lower and upper jaw must be in proper alignment in order to achieve the desired aesthetic outcome.
Jaw Surgery Turkey Cost
Jaw surgery in Turkey is becoming increasingly popular due to its low cost. Cost of jaw surgery in Turkey can range from around $400 to $1,700, depending on the complexity of the surgery and the clinic. Price includes the consultation, pre-operative tests, anesthesia, and the surgery itself. The cost can be further reduced by taking advantage of special offers, such as group discounts or package deals. In addition to being affordable, the quality of care in Turkey is excellent, and patients report a high level of satisfaction with their results.
Does jaw surgery completely change your face?
Jaw surgery, known medically as orthognathic surgery, can indeed lead to noticeable changes in the appearance of your face, but the extent of these changes varies depending on the specific reasons for the surgery and the individual’s unique facial structure. It’s understandable to have concerns or questions about how such a procedure might affect your appearance.
Here’s what to consider about the impact of jaw surgery on facial appearance:
- Purpose of Surgery: Jaw surgery is often performed to correct misalignments of the jaws for functional reasons, such as improving biting and chewing ability, alleviating pain, or addressing sleep apnea. Cosmetic improvement can be a secondary benefit.
- Degree of Change: The changes in facial appearance can range from subtle to significant, depending on the nature of the jaw misalignment and the extent of the surgical correction required. In cases where the misalignment is pronounced, the surgery can lead to more noticeable changes.
- Balanced Proportions: The goal of jaw surgery is often to achieve a more balanced and proportional relationship between the upper and lower jaws, which can enhance overall facial symmetry and harmony.
- Personal Impact: Changes in your facial appearance can have a profound impact on your self-perception and confidence. It’s normal to experience a range of emotions about these changes.
- Consultation and Planning: Before surgery, thorough consultations and planning are carried out using imaging technology. This helps to predict the changes in facial appearance and to align expectations with potential outcomes.
- Post-Surgery Adjustment: Adjusting to your new appearance after jaw surgery takes time. It’s important to allow yourself to adapt both physically and emotionally to the changes.
- Support System: Having a strong support system, including family, friends, and your medical team, is crucial. They can provide emotional support and reassurance during your adjustment period.
- Open Communication: Maintaining open communication with your surgeon and orthodontic team is key. They can provide valuable insights into what changes you can expect and offer support throughout the process.
Remember, the primary aim of jaw surgery is often functional improvement, with aesthetic changes being an important, but secondary, consideration. It’s vital to have a thorough understanding of the goals, process, and potential outcomes of the surgery, which a qualified maxillofacial surgeon can provide.
Jaw Surgery in Istanbul
- Some people have chins too large, affecting their look.
- Surgery can resize the chin for a better face shape.
- A too-small chin often looks like a “Bird Face.”
- Using materials like silicone can risk bone issues.
- We avoid these risks by adjusting the bone.
- Our surgeries leave no facial scars and take about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Lower Jaw Adjustments:
- The surgery, lasting about 1-1.5 hours, is done from inside the mouth.
- There are no visible scars post-surgery.
- Titanium plates stabilize the surgically adjusted area.
- Most patients leave the hospital the next day.
- Eating isn’t a problem post-surgery, and any pain can be managed with oral medication.
Upper Jaw Adjustments:
- Similar to the lower jaw procedure, but the recovery might include 7-10 days of swelling.
Combined Upper and Lower Jaw Surgeries:
- The procedure takes about 2.5-3 hours.
- No external scars are left.
- Patients might stay 1-2 days in the hospital post-surgery.
- Swelling usually goes away within 2 weeks.
- This corrects jaw misalignment issues.
- It improves bite, appearance, and speech.
- The surgery can involve adjusting both the upper and lower jaw.
- This cosmetic surgery enhances the chin using materials like silicone.
- It’s vital to choose a qualified surgeon for this surgery.
- Results change the face’s overall appearance significantly.
Double Jaw Surgery:
- Corrects jaw and teeth misalignment.
- Surgery can last up to eight hours.
- The benefits of this surgery can be life-changing.
- This focuses on adjusting the upper jawbone.
- The procedure improves issues like overbites and underbites.
- These reshape the chin for a better look.
- Recovery usually lasts 2-3 weeks.
- These change the jawline’s shape and size.
- Materials like silicone are used, and the procedure takes 1-2 hours.
- This corrects the jaw misalignment.
- The goal is to improve bite and facial appearance.