Otoplasty in Turkey
For almost 20 years, we’ve been doing otoplasty surgeries in Turkey. We carry out about 3 surgeries daily, making us one of the prominent plastic surgeons in Istanbul. Usually, we do these in a clinic with local anesthesia. But if a patient wants, we can also do it in a hospital with general anesthesia.
Ears Surgery Price 2023
The cost of otoplasty in Turkey is 3300 Euros. For more detailed information, you can contact us through our WhatsApp lines.
Operation Report Card.
|Operation Duration||1 hour|
|Hospital Stay||Discharged on the same day|
|Return to Work||3rd day (Desk job)|
|Duration of Stay in Turkey||4-5 days|
|Will There Be a Scar?||No, there’s no scar|
|Is it Painful?||No, almost negligible pain|
|Probability of Opening||Less than 1%|
|Bandage Usage||Full 3 days, 2 weeks when sleeping|
Before and after
For additional before and after images, check out our Instagram page.
Whats is otoplasty?
Otoplasty is an aesthetic issue caused by the ears leaning forward. It is a surgery often undergone by patients who want either aesthetic improvements or reshaping. We perform this frequently.
RELATED: Non Surgical Otoplasty Turkey
- Improved Appearance: Otoplasty can help in correcting the shape and positioning of the ears, enhancing the overall facial symmetry.
- Boosted Self-Esteem: Many individuals feel self-conscious about the appearance of their ears. Otoplasty can boost self-esteem by creating a more balanced look.
- Customized Results: The procedure allows for tailored results to meet the individual preferences and needs of each patient.
- Minimal Scarring: Since the incisions are often made behind the ears, any scarring is typically minimal and well-concealed.
- Quick Recovery: Generally, otoplasty has a relatively quick recovery time compared to other surgical procedures, allowing patients to return to their normal routine sooner.
- Permanent Results: Unlike some other cosmetic procedures, the results of otoplasty are generally permanent, providing long-lasting satisfaction.
- Safe Procedure: When performed by an experienced surgeon, otoplasty is considered a safe procedure with a low risk of complications.
Who is it suitable for?
Otoplasty is suitable for individuals who:
- Are generally healthy without conditions that might hinder healing.
- Have fully developed ears, usually children above the age of 8.
- Are unhappy with the size, shape, or positioning of their ears.
- Have had a previous injury to the ears that altered their appearance.
- Are looking to improve their facial symmetry and appearance.
- Understand the procedure well and have realistic expectations from the surgery.
- I hope this suits your query. If you had a different context in mind, feel free to provide more details.
No special preparation is needed for the surgery. For our patients with long hair, a hair clip is needed to tie back their hair. You don’t need to be fasting. You should be healthy and not have any allergies to anesthesia. You should have realistic expectations.
What does otoplasty involve?
Before the procedure, the ear is numbed with a small injection to prevent you from feeling pain. Initially, a small incision is made behind the ear. Excess skin or cartilage is removed. The ear is then reshaped. During the reshaping, the position of the ear can be negotiated with the patient. It can be shaped according to the patient’s wish. Afterwards, the ear is closed with corner stitches.
Care and Recovery
After the operation, the ears are protected with a hair band. This hair band is worn full-time for 3 days, and only while sleeping for the next 2 weeks. You should come to the clinic for a check-up 2 days later, where a dressing will be applied. You can take a shower 3 days later. The ear area needs to be protected from physical impacts. The medications prescribed by Dr. Ali Mezdeği should be taken, which include an antibiotic and pain relievers.
Pain and discomfort are very rarely felt and are minimal after the surgery. If there is any issue, intermediate check-ups can be arranged. It is expected that the patient strictly adheres to the post-operative instructions. This directly affects the outcome of the surgery. If any issue arises, it will be addressed.
After the surgery, the ears are very close to the head, even sticking to it. This is an expected result. They appear this way because allowance for loosening is calculated for a period of time later. About a month later, the ears will attain the desired shape and distance from the scalp. The final results will be apparent within 2-3 months.
In conclusion, it is a short procedure and a surgery we frequently perform. We have significantly developed our practice in this surgery. The likelihood of encountering any distressing issues before and after is almost negligible.
What can go wrong with otoplasty?
Just like with any surgical procedure, there are potential complications and risks associated with otoplasty. Here are some of the possible issues that can occur:
- Infection: As with all surgeries, there’s a risk of infection. It’s usually managed with antibiotics.
- Scarring: Some people may experience noticeable scarring, which might require additional treatment or surgery to correct.
- Asymmetry: Sometimes, the surgery might result in asymmetrical ears, which could require further procedures to correct.
- Nerve Damage: Although rare, there could be nerve damage that affects the sensation in the ears.
- Bleeding: Some individuals might experience excessive bleeding during or after the surgery.
- Adverse Reaction to Anesthesia: There might be an adverse reaction to the anesthesia used during the procedure.
- Dissatisfaction with Results: In some cases, patients might not be satisfied with the outcome, and they may seek additional surgeries to achieve the desired results.
- Delayed Healing: Certain individuals might experience delayed healing post-surgery, which can prolong the recovery period.
To minimize the risk of complications, it’s crucial to choose a qualified and experienced surgeon for the procedure and to follow all the pre-operative and post-operative instructions provided. Moreover, discussing all your concerns and queries with your surgeon prior to the surgery can help in setting realistic expectations and achieving a satisfactory outcome.
Is it worth coming to Istanbul?
In our opinion, it is worth it. Because in practice, we perform this operation very frequently and have top-notch experience. Additionally, our success rate is above 99%. The number of satisfied patients we have is very high. You can also see this from the testimonials given by our patients on our YouTube channel.
The fact that you do not need to stay in the hospital for the surgery is a great advantage. Also, not having your head completely wrapped and being able to comfortably go out on the street after the procedure is a significant luxury. It seems sensible to us that you can have this surgery by the best doctor without risking the job with a 2-3 hour flight.
Dr. Ali Mezdeği is very devoted to his patient. It’s important for the patient that he intervenes immediately, even if a problem arises to a small extent. A free second surgery is not something every doctor promises. (A free surgery is committed if the trust relationship with Dr. Ali Mezdeği continues).
Frequently Asked Questions
Does ear surgery hurt?
Otoplasty isn’t usually painful. Anesthesia helps with discomfort. After, you might get painkillers. Most people resume normal life in a few days.
When’s the best age for ear surgery?
Otoplasty is often done on kids between 4 and 14. At this age, ear cartilage is soft and easy to change. Surgery can prevent teasing about prominent ears. Adults can also get otoplasty.
Can ear surgery cause hearing loss?
Otoplasty is mostly safe and doesn’t cause deafness. Rarely, surgeon errors or infections might lead to issues. Some might have short-term hearing loss due to surgery pressure, but it usually goes away. Discuss risks with your surgeon.
How long will it take to recover after a protruding ears surgery?
Recovery from a protruding ears surgery usually takes about 1-2 weeks. During this period, the surgical area might be sensitive and you might need to use a special bandage.
When can I return to work after a protruding ears surgery?
The time it takes for you to return to work after a protruding ears surgery varies from one person to another. You might need to rest for a few days and avoid physical activities.
Will I have scars after a protruding ears surgery?
Scars from a protruding ears surgery are usually behind the ears and hard to notice. But since everyone’s healing process is different, some people might have more visible scars.
Is a protruding ears surgery safe?
When an expert surgeon performs a protruding ears surgery, it is generally safe. But like any surgery, it carries some risks and there can be complications. It’s important to discuss these risks and benefits with your doctor before undergoing surgery.
Who can have a protruding ears surgery?
People with mature ears from the age of 5-6 are usually suitable candidates for a protruding ears surgery. However, it might not be suitable for everyone and it’s recommended that you discuss this with your surgeon.
What should I keep in mind after a protruding ears surgery?
After a protruding ears surgery, you should use the bandage in the surgical area according to your doctor’s instructions. You should also avoid heavy activities, protect your stitches from moisture, and follow any other instructions your doctor recommends.
What complications could arise after a protruding ears surgery?
After a protruding ears surgery, you could experience complications such as infection, bleeding, scar formation, and sensory nerve damage.
How long do the results of a protruding ears surgery last?
The results from a protruding ears surgery are usually permanent. However, in some people, the ears might return to their original position.
Can I have other procedures after a protruding ears surgery?
After a protruding ears surgery, you can have other procedures related to the earlobe. For example, you can undergo procedures like earlobe reduction or reshaping.
How often should I schedule follow-up appointments after a protruding ears surgery?
You should usually schedule follow-up appointments a few days after surgery, then one week, one month, and six months later.
When can I shower after a protruding ears surgery?
You can usually shower a few days after a protruding ears surgery, following your doctor’s instructions.
When can I start doing sports after a protruding ears surgery?
Before you start doing sports after a protruding ears surgery, you should get approval from your doctor. It’s generally recommended to avoid heavy physical activities for the first few weeks after surgery.
How much will my ears swell after a protruding ears surgery?
After a protruding ears surgery, you might experience mild swelling and discomfort in the ears, which usually subsides within a few days.
What can I eat and drink after a protruding ears surgery?
After a protruding ears surgery, you should stick to a normal diet. However, avoiding overly salty or spicy foods could help speed up the healing process.
Creation: 01.03.2023 Update: 13.09.2023